1. In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the vegetable or chicken broth to a boil. Add the bulgur wheat to the boiling broth, cover the saucepan, and remove it from heat. Let it sit for about 15 minutes until the bulgur absorbs all the liquid.
2. While the bulgur is cooking, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onions and minced garlic to the skillet, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
3. Add sliced mushrooms to the skillet and continue cooking until they are tender and slightly browned.
4. Once the bulgur has absorbed all the liquid, fluff it with a fork. Transfer the cooked mushrooms and onions from the skillet into the saucepan with bulgur.
5. Mix everything together gently until well combined. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste preferences.
6. Cover the saucepan again and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes on low heat to allow all flavors to meld together.
7. Remove from heat and serve hot. You can garnish each serving with fresh parsley if desired.Enjoy your flavorful bulgur with mushrooms!